It’s at this point in January when most of our New Year’s resolutions start to fall away like the leaves on an autumnal tree. Gyms once packed in the first two weeks of the year start to thin out a little as people who fully expected to meet their new fitness goals start to waver on their promises. But while the majority of people mean well, they often don’t know how to use gym equipment to its full potential, soon falling into a boring pattern that doesn’t get the best possible results.
London-based Fight City Gym offers gym-goers of all ages, backgrounds, and levels of experience an enjoyable way of fighting fat and building stamina through their range of unique training programs. Here they’re giving a few pointers to help maintain your fitness goals with 5 of the best arm exercises going.
1. The 21 method – this is a great technique to use when you want to work the entire bicep effectively. The 21 method involves three different ranges of motion to focus on building strength at different phases of the movement.
You do the bottom half of a bicep curl for the first seven reps, the top half for the next seven, and then the full range for the final seven reps. It’s an all-encompassing and burning workout that will burn your muscles and leave you feeling great.
2. Skull crushers – they sound scarier than they actually are, but skull crushers are an incredible way of working out the
triceps – a muscle that many of forget about. Lie on a bench holding a pair of dumbbells directly above your chest with your palms facing each other, feet flat on the floor. Without moving your upper arms, bend your elbows and slowly lower the weights toward the sides of your head. Reverse the movement to return to the starting position.
With their 3 heads, the triceps are what will give the arms the t-shirt- filling power that we’re all after and they are a key muscle for providing support for every pushing movement or exercise. Don’t miss out on building those triceps!
3. Supersets – considering the hectic schedules many of us have, it’s true that time is of the essence. If you’re looking to cut down on your workout time, try implementing supersets into your fitness regime.
Supersets let you work all of your muscle groups completely while still getting enough recovery. A superset is when two or more exercises hitting different muscle groups are performed in a row without rest between them. They blast your muscles in a short space of time and lead to fantastic results.
4. The pyramid technique – with this technique, you’ll be increasing weight and decreasing the reps for each set. Say,
for example, you’re doing a shoulder press; start with a low weight that you can do a lot of reps with then increase the weight and decrease the number of reps. Changing the reps and weight of your training will lead to a more varied and well-rounded workout.
5. Arms blast – known as a giant set, it’s an absolute killer of a workout that will leave you achieving maximum results
in a short amount of time. It should take no more than 30 minutes and hit all muscle groups in the arms, with it being easy to tailor to your workout needs.
The arms blast involves doing five sets of different exercises with 15 reps each. Repeat these three times with a 1-minute rest between giant sets. Combine any 5 arm exercises e.g. bicep curls, tricep extensions, forearm curls, skull crushers and incline curls. While it will leave you exhausted, an arms blast workout will give you those all-important results that you want.
For more info visit: www.FightCityGym.co.uk
Click the banner to share on Facebook
The post Maintain Your Fitness Goals with 5 of the Best Arm Exercises appeared first on The MALESTROM.